Monday, May 22, 2017

Architectural photography.

  While I participate in several genres of photography, my favorite, and first choice is Architectural Photography.

  There is something about the the lines, materials and form that always call my name. I love to take it a step further and add a touch of the human element when I can for comparison to the organic world, and a sense of scale.

  I think my love for Architecture started long before I was involved in photography, but one of the "ah ha!" moments came for me when I was first starting out, assisting a local photographer who was shooting an editorial article on a house in Ft.  Worth, built by the Architectural legend, I. M. Pei. His work was almost entirely commercial buildings, but he did design a couple of residences. Standing in one of them (it is not anything open to the public or easily visited) was an honor. The commercial / industrial influences were very strong in the residential design and it felt very much like a museum, yet still warm and cozy, as a house should be.

  Being able to combine these elements of design was very influential on my eye and tastes when photographing projects. I always want to show form AND function of a space, with scale and human element. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes it is not. I ALWAYS love the challenge, and strive to perfect it.

Call or email Jason for a quote on your next project.

Texas Architectural Photographer

Texas Commercial Real Estate Photographer

Dallas Photography for Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment