Monday, February 13, 2017

Unexpected things always happen...

 Over the last decade, I have seen, or been privy to, just about every unexpected thing you can imagine on a photoshoot, or location set. While I have seen my share of bad things, most "unexpected" occurrences are pleasant, whimsical, or just downright funny. This was all 3 of those!

 While setting up for this bedroom shot, the homeowner's sweet Chihuahua/mix rescue didn't appreciate us straightening out her covers! She snuck up the backside of the bed, under the comforter, and poked her head out just as you see here.

  While no one can capture every great moment presented to them, part of being a professional is delivering the unexpected. Shots like these are not story boarded or discussed, they just happen. Making it worthy of the assignment you were shooting is even more difficult, but certainly in the realm of possible. I am always happy to surprise an editor with bonus material such as this, or an unplanned, gorgeous sunset shot off the balcony they didn't know they wanted. There is no rhyme or reason, you just have to be ready. Architectural and Interior design photography is my main niche, but delivering professional results EVERY time, no matter what I am photographing, is what I truly specialize in.

1 comment: